Program: Head Start/Early Head Start
Location: TBD, 2 Positions
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Degree or Certificate in Early Childhood, Social Services, or related field preferred.
• Must be fluent in English and Spanish and the ability and experience to effectively communicate via speaking, reading, writing, and typing.
• Previous experience working with preschool children preferred.
• Must be able to work well with parents and staff, as well as preschool children
• Criminal background check required.
• Empathy working with low-income families.
• Must have a valid Tennessee driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and proof of liability insurance (mileage is reimbursed).
• Driving to centers and on occasion other locations within the 8 county service area is required.
• Professionalism in regard to Confidentiality is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists Teachers and Family Service Workers in completing job responsibilities with Spanish-speaking families including:
• with parent-teacher conferences and parent meetings
• with paperwork and reports related to services for children and families
• with educational testing of the children
• with medical and dental screenings and follow-up
• with evaluating child’s progress and planning/implementing classroom activities
• with delivering educational, developmentally appropriate activities for preschool children
• Maintains positive communication with Spanish-speaking families and community
participants regarding Program activities and objectives.
• Provides supervision of children in the classroom, the playground, and on field trips.
• Assists in organizing the classroom and maintaining a safe and healthy learning environment.
• Assists in promoting social and emotional development of children, and in maintaining classroom discipline using positive guidance techniques.
• Assists in maintaining records and submits reports as required; attends meetings and required training.
Hours and Benefits: Will consider Full-time or part time, 32.5 Full Time hours/week, school year; Non-Exempt.
To Apply: Send application and/or resume to: HR Manager DCEA Head Start/Early Head Start, 127 Cedar Street, Morristown, TN 37814. Applications accepted until position(s) filled. EOE.