Program: Head Start/Early Head Start
Location: Underwood 1, Sevier County
- Preschool CDA or degree in Early Childhood or related area desired.
- Will consider applicants enrolled in a CDA, ECE Certificate, or related degree program.
- Previous experience working with preschool children preferred.
- Must be able to work well with parents and staff, as well as preschool children
- Criminal background check required.
- Empathy working with low-income families.
- Professionalism in regard to Confidentiality is essential.
- Will act as Bus Monitor and drive bus route as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in delivering educational, developmentally appropriate activities for preschool children.
- Provides supervision of children in the classroom, the playground, and on field trips.
- May be the immediate supervisor of other center staff in the absence the teacher.
- Assists in organizing the classroom and maintaining a safe and healthy learning environment.
- Observes, assesses, refers, and evaluates each child’s progress in the assigned classroom, and assists in planning and implementing classroom activities based on individual needs of the children to advance physical and intellectual competence.
- Assists in promoting social and emotional development of children, and in maintaining classroom discipline using positive guidance techniques.
- Assists in maintaining records and submits reports as required; attends meetings and required training.
- Assist with home visits and/or parent-teacher conferences as required
- Assists with parent meetings, and maintains positive communication with parents and community participants.
Hours and Benefits: Full-time, averages 33.5 hours/week, school year; Non-Exempt.
To Apply: Send application and/or resume to: Human Resources Manager DCEA Head Start/Early Head Start, 127 Cedar Street, Morristown, TN 37814. Applications accepted until position(s) filled. EOE.