Program: Head Start/Early Head Start
Job Title: Positive Behavioral Support Advocate
Location: Hamblen County
- Degree, credential, or certification in social work, human services, early childhood, or a related field preferred.
- Must have high school diploma or GED and ability to obtain related degree, credential, or certification in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of adverse childhood experiences (ACES) and the impact on children/families.
- Knowledge of positive behavioral support systems, behavior management, and early intervention.
- Knowledge of child development and early childhood education.
- Ability to communicate openly with community resources, professionals, staff, parents, and children.
- Evidence of emotional stability and maturity; must be flexible and open to change.
- Basic computer knowledge required.
- Must have valid Tennessee driver’s license and liability insurance.
- Professionalism in regard to Confidentiality is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide positive behavioral support and individualized strategies to children, families, and staff.
- Will directly support staff, children, and families by introducing and modeling research and evidence based procedures.
- Coordinate with the disabilities/mental health manager, mental health consultant, classroom and family services staff to implement behavioral management systems.
- Develop positive, nurturing relationships with children and families.
- Participates in impact team meetings to develop and/or modify strategies to support staff, children, and families.
- Provide positive emotional support to seamlessly identify and implement strategies to diminish challenges in the classroom.
- Advocate for Head Start children, families, and staff.
- May participate in home visits as needed.
Hours and Benefits: Full-time, 37.5 hours/week, school year; Non-Exempt.
To Apply: Send application and/or resume to: Human Resources Manager DCEA Head Start/Early Head Start, 127 Cedar Street, Morristown, TN 37814 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted until position is filled. EOE.