Program: Head Start/Early Head Start
Job Title: Disabilities/Mental Health Manager
Location: Central Office-Hamblen County
Minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood, Special Education, or related field
- Sufficient training and experience to ensure duties and skills needed to administer a quality program for children with disabilities and mental health services
- Training and experience in a high-quality early childhood program
- Strong leadership skills and prior supervisory experience (preferably in Head Start or Early Head Start)
- The Disabilities/Mental Health Manager will work closely with other component managers
- Supervise and direct the activities of component and other program staff in accomplishing the goals of the Head Start program, in work performance, enforcement of well-established rules, assigning work, and providing effective feedback.
- Ensure accurate disabilities data, to include IEPs, IFSPs, and concerns are evaluated, tracked, and reported.
- Provide leadership in hiring, orienting, training, directing, and evaluation of component staff.
- Utilize data to coordinate program improvements, changes, professional development plans, and program training plans.
- Professionalism in regards to confidentiality is essential.
- Accurate record keeping & good oral and written communication;
- Empathy with low-income families;
- Sufficient judgment, maturity, firmness, and patience to work with families, staff, managers, and community partners in meeting Head Start Performance Standards and service area written plans.
- Ability to communicate effectively with local education agencies, community programs, and the Tennessee Early Intervention System to implement program agreements to ensure children with disabilities receive needed services.
- Must compile information for programs and government reports.
- Will assist in the development, monitoring, and record keeping of the component budget.
Hours and Benefits: Position is Full-time, Monday – Friday. 37.5 hours/week.
Forward resume to: Human Resource Manager, Douglas-Cherokee Head Start, 127 Cedar Street, Morristown, TN 37814 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted until position(s) filled. EOE