Program: Head Start/Early Head Start
Job Title: Family Advocate
Location: Hamblen County- Early Head Start Learning Center
- Degree, credential, or certification in social work, human services, family services, counseling or a related field preferred.
- High School diploma or GED and ability to obtain related degree, credential, or certification in a timely manner required.
- A natural concern, empathy, and enjoyment of Head Start children and their families.
- Ability to communicate openly with community resources, professionals, parents, and children.
- Evidence of emotional stability and maturity; must be flexible and open to change.
- Basic computer knowledge required.
- Must have valid Tennessee driver’s license and obtain ‘F endorsement’ after hire.
- Professionalism in regard to Confidentiality is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for recruiting children, home visits, completing applications according to federal guidelines.
- Will utilize existing community resources in meeting families’ physical and financial needs
- Asist parents in setting goals and working toward self-sufficiency.
- Ensure all children have complete required medical and dental screenings/exams.
- Advocate for Head Start families within the program and community.
- Complete and up-date medical and dental records and follow-up treatments.
- Ensure accurate and timely data is entered into computer tracking system.
- Will conduct home visits as scheduled and also as needed.
Hours and Benefits: Full-time, 37.5 hours/week, Full year; Non-Exempt.
To Apply: Send application and/or resume to: Human Resources Manager DCEA Head Start/Early Head Start, 127 Cedar Street, Morristown, TN 37814. Applications accepted until position filled. EOE