Program: Head Start/Early Head Start
Job Title: Teacher
Location: Hamblen County, Early Head Start Learning Center
- Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related degree required
- Minimum one year’s experience teaching preschool children.
- Must submit to pre-employment background check, physical, TB screen, and reference checks.
- Must have a valid Tennessee driver’s license and available transportation for work-related duties with mileage reimbursed.
- Evidence of emotional stability and maturity; must be flexible and open to change.
- Must be able to work well with parents and staff, as well as preschool children.
- Basic computer knowledge required.
- Professionalism in regard to Confidentiality is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organizes classroom and maintains a safe and healthy learning environment.
- Observes, assesses, refers, and evaluates each child’s progress in assigned in classroom, and plans/implements classroom activities based on individual needs of the children to advance physical and intellectual competence.
- Promotes social and emotional development of children; maintains classroom discipline using positive guidance techniques.
- Supervises and interacts with children in all daily activities inside, outside, and on field trips.
- Makes home visits and/or holds parent-teacher conferences as required; assists with parent meetings; and maintains positive communication with staff, parents, and community participants regarding program activities and objectives.
- Records and maintains Head Start documentation’s and submits reports as required; attends meetings and required training.
- Demonstrates work habits which comply with agency personnel policies and procedures.
- May directly supervise center staff including teacher assistant, cook, bus driver, child care aide, special service assistants, and volunteers
Hours and Benefits: Full-time, 37.5 hours/week, Full year; Non-Exempt.
To Apply: Send application and/or resume to: Human Resources Manager DCEA Head Start/Early Head Start, 127 Cedar Street, Morristown, TN 37814. Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted until position is filled. EOE.